Your Host

Your Host
Steveo

Monday, August 16, 2010

Mood Altering Colors

SAYING OF THE DAY:

A daily guest is a thief in the kitchen.
Proverb


BLOG OF THE DAY:

Mood Altering Colors

Hi,
Today Im blogging about "color " in our lives...and the role it
plays in establishing our moods...
I will relate to you a story abot my father, and when we lived in the same house..
He had a 9 to 5 job where he punched the clock everyday, and after awhile, of course, it became somewhat monotonous...This affected his moods in the morning while preparing for work.At the time, I was doing an experiment called "sleep learning" and would have him switch on a tape recorder right before he left as my schedule was opposite of his...Even though I slept during the morning hours, I did "interface" with him for a few minutes before I went to bed and he went to work...

Anyway, one day at the 99 cent store I saw some colorful poster sheets that were nothing fancy, just plain solid colors.
I dug thru my wallet and ended up purchasing a few....I got them home,
and one was bright pink. This one I decided I would display in the kitchen where DAd prepared his breakfast each morning before going to work..I just hung it on the wall by itself...kind of a random statement of color.
After a few days, I noticed he was more cheerful! So what happened was it subconciously affected his mood....
Many us have "color schemes" in life, not only from ourselves and our surroundings, but our mates..the colors they wear everyday...I must admit to you that these
colors affect me...my gf wore "black" for many years,(one of her favorite colors) and while it was commanding, it also made me feel kind of "bleak" at times...now that she is older she is "Breaking up" the color schemes more and I find Im
liking it a lot better...
Whats your favorite color? Is it reflected in your daily life, and what effect does it have on you and others?
Next time you start to wonder why your moods are the way they are, aside from all the troubles that are present in the world, also consider "colors"...you will be surprised the role they play!

Steveo


P.S. Famous jazz musician Duke Ellington's favorite color was "blue!"

VISIT MY SISTER BLOGS:

Dailysteveo
www.steveowenmobileblogger232.blogspot.com

Miimizan

http://zitbagblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment