Your Host

Your Host
Steveo

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Hey Y'all....
Thought I'd chime in a bit...Gf tells me she is getting tired of certain "cooking shows" that are turning into about 80% gossip/talk and very little concentration on cooking....these are on the "regular channels"....
I guess the almighty "Ratings" require them to act part time like a female Johnny Carson...
Was sitting in the eye doctors office the other day, and the big screen TV was playing some old episodes
of Green Acres...I never realized how good the writing was...excellent, fun show!
The weather in this section of suburbia Los Angeles has been horrendous this week! lots of humidity and unstable weather...with only sprinkles of the very thing we need..RAIN!
Thinking of Disneyland right now, and how the new or current management has decided they no longer "need" the Disneyland Band anymore...I mean I thought Main Street and that area was about nostalgia and the turn of the century....oh well, just another "Screwed up thing" about that park, which has been out of whack for years, and of course its costs an arm and a leg to go there...about 100.00 per pop....I would like to go there, just to see some of the things that have been there time immemorial.. The Castle, parts of Main St. etc.
..Was reading about some "dumb laws" that were enacted in certain states way back in the day...for example It is illegal to sing out of tune in a nightclub in I believe the state is North Carolina...and in Idaho  a man going with hi fiance is not allowed to buy her over 50 pounds of chocolate...I dont think theres any danger of me dong that, as the expense of chocolates are pretty high..just walk into a "See's candy store and try to buy a box...$$$$$
I never understood why may parents and grandparents were up in arms back in the day over escalating
prices, while as a kid I only knew the current price and scoffed at them....now I completely understand...
To go to a fast food place you are going to burn a 10.00 bill just to get one meal!

I get nervous dealing with some of the young folk who give me my change for a larger bill offered to them
although I should relax. The amount of change is shown on the cash register...HOWEVER counting it back is another matter! lol
Have I been giving you a piece of my mind? I hope so..lol just offering up my thoughts on certain things..Gonna run along...plant ya now, dig ya later!

Steveo

No comments:

Post a Comment