Your Host

Your Host
Steveo

Friday, December 18, 2015

 Hello out there in "blogland" This be yer ole buddy "Steveo" Just thought i would fill you in on some things I have been doing, since i haven't blogged for quite awhile...
Felt good this morning walking around in our "fair" weather here in Southern Ca...it has been pretty chilly, but today is a beautiful day..very little or no smog, and the temps are nice right now...
One of the things I've been doing is taking a few supplements(note:check with your doctor before taking any vitamins or supplements)
Had a test awhile back saying that I was low on Vitamin "D" so been taking some D3, about 2000 IU's a day..It is helping me and I feel  a lot better.Also felt a bit of congestion coming on last night, and took a zinc...it helped me a great deal, so yes, I am taking certain supplements, but trying not to over do it...
 Recently I have discoverered a national treaure in the music and show biz department...his name is Oscar Levant(deceased)...the guy was a brilliant wit, and a great musician..trying to see what i can find on youtube
with him....He was a self professed neurotic, and shared this side of him with the public...nevertheless, his performances of his friend George Gershwin's music are brilliant. I enjoy his quirky personality...Looking around from some memorabilia on him, bu found only one thing..an autographed pic of him that was pretty pricey.
Let's see, what else do i know?
Been catching some of the presidential candidates on TV and this is also quirky...Im wondering how this is going to turn out and who will be our next "president"
Been getting into a little "stamp" collecting..but not "majorly"..I ordered a few "plate blocks" of a some stamps that I admire...A plate block is at least 4 stamps that are connected together with perforations around the edges, and have the "plate block" number above...The stamps I have purchased are not by any means rare, or even expensive, but its nice to have a few that I like. Ordered the 1941 30c Airmail Stamp showing a C-30(Lockheed Constellation aeroplane), a plate block of 4 1952 NATO stamps, and also a plate block of 4 7c airmail stamps showing the figure (underbelly outline) of an early jet..this stamp in the red varitey..the earlier one which was identical but with the color "blue" came out in 1958.
 NOw a bit of a gripe...when phoning certain places lke CVS pharmacy, and being put on hold, the music that is played while waiting is SUPER loud...blowing my ear out, and also filling the room with a lot of noise...I wonder what genius thought of that! lol
The holiday season has come on so quickly, I am caught by surprise, and am trying to "Get ready" for the eventualities that come along with this...buying a few cards, sending some gifts,
making a reservation at a restaurant, etc....all in the last 7 days! I remember readng abot Ed McMahon JOhnny Carson's announcer...he waited till the last 24 hours before doing anything.
 Sent a package out to Columbia City Indiana, but it went straight to Dallas...this annoyed me, and i got on the horn with USPS..af first they said it was a mistake they would correct...later they said that during the heavy holiday season...there is an overflow of mail that is routed to what we call "way stations" Dallas was one of them...then after that the item showed up in Michigan, and then finally Columbia City, Indiana...I had no idea that this was one of the things that happens...
WEll anyway, I want to wish you all a good holiday and perhaps will blog again before New Years, but if I dont, Happy New Year to all of you out there...
Best,
Steveo










.

No comments:

Post a Comment